Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Soft Snickerdoodles
There's a lack of pictures on this post because I was too busy rolling these little guys into balls that I couldn't pick up the camera to snap any pics.
These cookies are slightly crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 egg
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of butter
Instructions:
1. In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
2. Add egg and vanilla and stir till evenly mixed.
3. In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
4. Transfer the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients.
5. Stir well.
6. Refrigerate the dough for 40-60 minutes.
7. Pre-heat oven to 300 F
8. Roll dough into 1-2 inch diameter balls and coat in cinnamon sugar.
8a. To make cinnamon sugar: Add 3 tablespoons of white granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
9. Place the sugar coated dough on a baking sheet and flatten a little with a fork.
10. Bake for 10 minutes.
Enjoy!
Hope you guys give this recipe a try and let me know what you think about it. Originally, I tried this recipe with 1 teaspoon of baking soda and it was too much so I reduced it to 1/2 teaspoon. I also increased the amount of vanilla because I thought it brought out the flavor of the cookie more. I hope you guys like this recipe!
Happy baking!
Labels:
cookie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment