Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Soft Sugar Cookies (Lofthouse, inspired)
I absolutely love the soft sugar cookies that Lofthouse makes. Occassionaly, I would treat myself to getting a box at the local supermarket, but I can never eat them all because they're a little too sweet for me. However, I do love, love, love the soft and cake-like texture of the cookie, which is why I always find myself calling them my favorite cookies.
I've always wanted to make my own, so last night, after my Environmental Lab ended, I decided to whip up a batch.
They turned out perfect! Not too sweet, and the consistency of the cookie was on point!
So, here's the recipe!
Ingredients:
For the Dough:
1/2 cup of butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup of granulated sugar
1/4 cup of powdered sugar
2 eggs
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups of all purpose flour
For the Frosting:
1/2 cup of butter, softened
2 cups of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 tablespoons of milk
(optional) food coloring
Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F
2. Cream 1/2 cup of soften butter, 1 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar together.
3. Add the 2 eggs and vanilla extract and continue to mix the ingredients together until smooth.
4. Add 1/2 sour cream and mix on the low setting.
5. Add baking powder and baking soda to the mixture as it is still mixing.
6. Add the flour in small increments until everything is well mixed.
The dough should be of a thick consistency, but not too dry.
7. Using a spoon (I used a tablespoon), scoop out a ball of dough and roll into a ball. I suggest that you dust your hands with flour when doing this to avoid the dough sticking to your hand.
8. Place the dough balls on a baking sheet 1 inch away from each other. The cookies should not spread too much, so you don't have to worry about spacing them out too far apart.
9. Lightly press the dough balls down with a flour-dusted spoon for a flatter cookie shape. Leave as dough balls for a more mounted cookie shape.
10. Bake the cookies for 10-11 minutes and immediately remove from baking sheets onto cooling racks.
For the frosting*
1. Cream the butter with a mixer until smooth.
2. Add vanilla extract.
3. Slowly add the powdered sugar while mixing.
4. Adjust the consistency of the frosting with the 1-2 tablespoons of milk.
5. Mix until the frosting is smooth.
6. (optional) Add food coloring as desired.
I hope you guys enjoy these cookies. These are a must to try out and they are fairly easy and quick to make!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment